Meal planning for the keto diet can be hard. Due to the low-carb, high-fat eating plan, this has very particular macros that can limit your food choices. That’s why we love the Keto Salmon and Broccoli Bake, it’s easy to make and all your macros are crammed into one pot.
What are the Benefits of Broccoli?
Cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale and cauliflower are all edible plants collectively known as cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli is a nutritionally dense full of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Broccoli is a must on the keto diet, it is very low in carbs with only 3.5 grams of digestible carbs per 91 grams.
Can I Refrigerate Them?
The keto salmon and broccoli bakes are delicious, keto friendly and easy to make! So why not make a little extra and enjoy them again the next day? To store them in the fridge cover the top of the ramekin with plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Once you’re ready to enjoy the keto salmon and broccoli bakes, remove them from the container. Or peel off the plastic and pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds or so.
What Sides Can I Have?
Pre-heat pan with a generous amount of olive oil or tablespoon of butter. Then pan fry the green beans for 5 minutes until they start to brown.
Do you enjoy mashed potatoes? Oh wait… Potatoes are a no no on the keto diet! But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a keto alternative. You simply replace the potatoes with cauliflower. This cauliflower puree is creamy and comforting and tastes a lot like mashed potatoes. Check out the Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Is Cream Lactose Free?
The salmon and broccoli bake recipe includes a generous amount of heavy cream. But is it lactose free?… There are some trace of lactose and natural sugar in heavy cream but a lot less than regular milk. Making cream suitable for those who are lactose intolerant.
The amount of lactose will depend on weather the cream is light, half and half or whipping cream.
Keto Salmon and Broccoli Bake
1. Preheat oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7
2. Finely chop onions and slice tomatoes
3. Pre-heat pan with olive oil(20ml)
4. Marinate salmon fillets with lemon juice and 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper
5. Pan fry salmon fillets for 2 minutes on each side
6. Cut salmon into small cubes
7. Boil broccoli for 2 minutes
8. Fry the onions and cook until soft. Stir in the double cream and basil. Mix thoroughly, cooking on a low heat for 2 minutes. Distribute to 4 ramekins.
9. Lay chopped salmon and pour over 2 tbsp of double cream sauce
10. Add a couple of tomato slices and broccoli florets
11. Pour over the remainder of sauce and top with cheese
12. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden
2 Salmon Fillets 2 Tomatoes 1 Lemon 1 tbsp Basil 300ml Double Cream 120g Broccoli Florets 130g Grated Cheese Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7
- Finely chop onions and slice tomatoes
- Pre-heat pan with olive oil(20ml)
- Marinate salmon fillets with lemon juice and 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper
- Pan fry salmon fillets for 2 minutes on each side
- Cut salmon into small cubes
- Boil broccoli for 2 minutes
- Fry the onions and cook until soft. Stir in the double cream and basil. Mix thoroughly, cooking on a low heat for 2 minutes. Distribute to 4 ramekins
- Lay chopped salmon and pour over 2 tbsp of double cream sauce
- Add a couple of tomato slices and broccoli florets
- Pour over the remainder of sauce and top with cheese
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden