The Keto No Flour Peanut Butter Cup Cake is a perfect snack anytime of the day and also a great addition to your lunch box.
Is Peanut Butter Considered Keto-Friendly?
The quick answer is yes! Peanut butter is high in fat, moderate in protein, low in carbs and sugar. It’s a great addition to you kitchen and is one of the best foods you can eat to hit your keto healthy fat goals. Peanut butter contains complex carbohydrates. And it’s low on the glycemic index scale, so it won’t spike your blood sugar.
But How Much Peanut Butter is Too Much?
Peanut butter is a great source of healthy fats and will most definitely help you reach and maintain ketosis. However, now for some bad news, especially for those who love peanut butter. Peanuts naturally contain carbs, so don’t over indulge and try to stick to 2 tablespoons per day.
How is peanut butter made?
Basically peanut butter is made up of roasted peanuts grinded into paste mixed with selected oils including olive or vegetable.
Are some peanut butter brands more healthier than others?
Yes! Keep it natural do not buy peanut butter with added sugar. Here are some brands to help you.
Here are 3 really good reasons why you should give this quick and delicious dessert a try;
- Ready in under 5 minutes
- No oven needed! This keto dessert is microwave friendly
- It’s low carb dessert and requires zero baking experience
Is it OK to Top These Up With a Little Extra?
Absolutely! As long as it is keto friendly. My pick would have to be a slice of keto brownie with a couple of tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. Need some inspiration? Check out the Keto Chocolate Mousse recipe
Can I Store these in the Fridge?
Yes, simply store the keto mug cakes in an airtight container or individually wrap each cake and consume within 5 days.
Put the flour away and guess what…. This treat will be ready in 5 minutes!
1. Use the butter to grease the ramekin/cup
2. Mix the egg, double cream and vanilla extract
3. In the greased ramakin/cup mix the peanut butter, baking powder and sweetener
4. Pour in the egg mixture and stir well until you have a smooth texture
5. Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds
2 tbsp Peanut Butter 1 Egg 1 tbsp Double Cream 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter 1 tbsp Sweetener 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Use the butter to grease the ramekin/cup
- Mix the egg, double cream and vanilla extract
- In the greased ramakin/cup mix the peanut butter, baking powder and sweetener
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir well until you have a smooth texture
- Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds