Why We Love Keto Pancakes
Looking for your next breakfast or dessert? Pancakes are both tasty and nutritious and make a perfect breakfast or dessert. These keto pancakes are low in carbs and are loaded with healthy fats & protein.
Keto Friendly Pancake Toppings
Let’s be honest! Everyone enjoys their pancakes covered with their favourite syrup topping. Don’t worry we have you covered with keto friendly syrups
How to Store Pancakes?
1. Cool down pancakes
Allow the pancakes to cool down at room temperature
2. Store the pancakes
Stack and separate pancakes with grease proof paper. Store the pancakes in a food container or zip bag and store in a refrigerator bag
3. Reheat the pancakes
You can reheat single pancakes in the microwave between 20 and 30 seconds
Or reheat large batches of pancakes in the oven for 10 minutes at 220C/425F/Gas 7
What is Almond Milk?
Almond milk is a lactose free, tasty and delicious alternative to regular cows milk. It is low in calories and sugar. It is nutritious and high in calcium, vitamin E and D. Almond milk can be used for baking, cooking, hot and cold drinks.
What Are The Health Benefits of Almond Milk?
1. Almond milk is lactose free
Almond milk is a great alternative for those who are lactose intolerant and cannot consume traditional cows milk. 75 percent of the world’s population suffers from lactose intolerance and may benefit from products like almond milk. Also a milk alternative for vegetarians and vegans.
2. Almond milk supports a healthy heart
Almond milk is high in vitamin E and contains healthy fats. Drinking it regularly help support a healthy heart 1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19451807.
3. Almond milk supports weight loss
Almond milk is lower in calories than regular cows milk and also free of saturated fat. Unsweetened almond milk contains around 30 to 60 calories per cup.
4. Unsweetened Almond milk doesn’t raise blood sugar levels
Almond milk is a low carb keto friendly alternative to regular milk and is also perfect for those who need to keep a check on their blood sugar levels.
1. Separate the yolks from the egg whites
2. Whip the egg whites and a pinch of salt. Whip until firm peaks start to form
3. In another bowl whisk together the egg yolks and almond milk
4. Add almond flour and baking powder to the egg yolk and almond milk and mix into a smooth batter
5. Gently fold in the egg whites mixture into the banter. Let batter rest for 5 minutes
6. Pre heat pan on medium heat with a generous amount of butter or almond oil
7. Pour circles of 30ml batter onto pan
8. Pan fry each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Take care when flipping the pancakes
9. Serve immediately with a keto friendly pancake topping
6 eggs 1 pinch salt 2 tbsp Almond Oil 175 ml Almond Milk 125 ml (60 g) Almond Flour 1 tsp (5 g) Baking Powder Butter or Almond oil, for frying
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites
- Whip the egg whites and a pinch of salt. Whip until firm peaks start to form
- In another bowl whisk together the egg yolks and almond milk
- Add almond flour and baking powder to the egg yolk and almond milk and mix into a smooth batter
- Gently fold in the egg whites mixture into the banter. Let batter rest for 5 minutes
- Pre heat pan on medium heat with a generous amount of butter or almond oil
- Pour circles of 30ml batter onto pan
- Pan fry each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Take care when flipping the pancakes
- Serve immediately with a keto friendly pancake topping
References [ + ]