Meal planning for the keto diet can be hard because the low-carb, high-fat eating plan has very particular macros that can limit your food choices. That’s why we love the Keto Egg and Mushroom bake.
What are the Benefits of Mushrooms?
Mushrooms contain varying amounts of protein, fibre, vitamin b as well as antioxidants known as selenium. Selenium helps to prevent damage to cell tissues and helps to support a healthy immune system.
Can I Eat Raw Mushrooms?
Yes they can be eaten raw, however to take advantage of all the health benefits, you should cook your mushrooms and here’s why. The tough cell walls are broken down when cooked, making nutrients more easily available to your digestive system.
Can I refrigerate them?
The keto egg and mushroom bakes are delicious, keto friendly and easy to make! So why not make a little extra and enjoy them again the next day? To store them in the fridge cover the top of the ramekin with plastic wrap or place them in an air tight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Once your ready to enjoy the keto egg and mushroom bakes remove them from the container or peel off the plastic and pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds.
What Sides Can I Have?
Pre heat pan with a generous amount of olive oil or a tablespoon of butter then pan fry the green beans for 5 minutes until they start to brown.
Fill a saucepan with water and bring to boil on medium heat. Cut one broccoli head into medium sized florets. Bring the heat down and simmer for 5 minutes. Put the florets into a colander and drain. Add a tablespoon of butter and serve.
Do you enjoy mashed potatoes? Oh wait… Potatoes are a no no on the keto diet! But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a keto alternative. You simply replace the potatoes with cauliflower. This cauliflower puree is creamy and comforting and tastes a lot like mashed potatoes. Check out the Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Wait for it….. It’s basically an omelette in a pot
1. Preheat oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7
2. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper
3. Pan fry chopped mushrooms and onions for 5 minutes
4. Divide the mushrooms into 4 ramekins. Divide cheese over mushrooms.
5. Divide and pour egg mixture to ramekins
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tops are golden
6 Eggs 275g Oyster Mushrooms 64g Cheese 1 Small Onion 175ml Almond Milk 1/2 Pepper 1/2 Salt
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper
- Pan fry chopped mushrooms and onions for 5 minutes
- Divide the mushrooms into 4 ramekins. Divide cheese over mushrooms.
- Divide and pour egg mixture to ramekins
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tops are golden