Fancy a burger… oh you need a burger bun?… well not exactly! The classic burger has been given a keto twist. Ready for the twist?…. We have replaced the bun with an avocado to create this Keto Avocado Burger with Bacon Lettuce and Tomato.
Don’t forget to mix it up! Feel free to replace the bacon with another source of protein or go vegetarian and replace it with a keto friendly meat alternative.
What are the benefits of avocado?
- They are rich in vitamins
- They contains more potassium than bananas
- These are loaded with healthy fats and is a must for the keto kitchen
- Avocados are delicious and easy to incorporate into the keto diet
Why we love avocados!
Avocados are a must have for the keto kitchen and can be added to many recipes to give your meal a nutritional boost. Avocados are loaded with healthy fats, fiber and protein.
6 ways to enjoy your avocado
Fulfill your keto needs and fill your avocado with tuna, eggs or crumbled bacon. 3 simple steps. Peel and cut in half, stuff it with your keto friendly favourite and enjoy
Looking for a quick and tasty keto fix. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive enjoy has a midday snack or tasty breakfast.
3. Scrambled Eggs
Do want to add an extra keto twist to your scrambled eggs? Add diced avocado to this already popular keto breakfast dish.
How to make chunky guacamole! Add 4 avocados, 1 sliced red onion, 1 sliced red pepper, 1 juice of lime and a drizzle of olive oil to blender and mix to a smooth paste.
Is your salad lacking creativity? No worries, we have you covered slice an avocado to give it a keto boost.
The Avocado and Coconut Smoothie Recipe – easy, fresh and filled with sweet coconut. This thick and creamy smoothie is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner…. Whatever the occasion, it’s sure to quench your thirst. See Keto Avocado Smoothie recipe
1 Avocado 2 Rashers of Bacon ½ Tomato 1 tbsp Mayonnaise Leaf of Lettuce
- Peel and slice the avocado in half
- Slice the tomato into 3 thin slices
- Pre-heat pan over a medium heat
- Add the bacon and pan fry each side for 3 minutes until crispy
- Place the base of the avocado on a plate
- Fill with a leaf of lettuce, bacon, tomato and mayonnaise to the avocado base
- Add the top of “bun” and serve